Sunday, January 21, 2007

We can't all be Dooce

I am new here. I'm new to blogging in general. I have played a little over the last few months, but have only just decided that I really like this. In fact, I just re-posted my other entries from a little "play" blog I was messing with. I really didn't like the setup over there and, so far at least, Blogger looks great - very friendly for us newbie, only semi-techie types. But really, I'm hoping I can figure out how to edit and write in HTML pretty soon because I think I will eventually get bored with just the basics.

At any rate, if you're here, I might as well tell you a little about me. I'm not young and not cool. I'm pretty average, in fact. I am in my mid-thirties, I live in the middle of the Midwest (Indiana), I'm married with two young kids, a boy and a girl. Pretty much, all I'm missing is the dog to be about the most average woman around, yeah? Sorry, no dog, just two cats.

I read Dooce and Suburban Bliss pretty regularly and I think Heather Armstrong and Melissa Summers are funny, brilliant, and incredibly brave to share some of the things they do on their sites. I'm not sure I'll live up to their examples, but I love to write and sometimes my life cracks me up, so I'm going to document some of that here for my own pleasure. If anyone else reads it, cool, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: